Monday, September 25, 2006

What It's All About

So here's the deal. As I have said in my other blog countless times, I love music. I could write like 20 O's in love to explain my point but I'm a little too tired to do that right now. Anyway it is my biggest passion. I also accumulate a lot of it. But like most things, including DVDs and books, I often get a lot without ever really having a plan to absorb it all. But hopefully that will all change with this.

On iTunes, there is a feature called the smart playlist. Instead of creating a playlist and dragging files in, you can make a smart playlist that has everything according to a number of characteristics you specify. This can range from artist, album, genre, or even the beats per minute. There is a plethora of options. I personally use it mostly every time I get a new album so I can separate it and listen to it later. I have a couple set up for certain artists I frequent and also certain genres of music like Acid Jazz, Classical, and Religious.

I got the idea to just take the plunge and listen to each of these smart playlists in order and just review them. I'm sure there will be moments where I wonder why I have certain albums on the computer. I'm sure there will be breakthroughs where I wonder how I existed before I heard certain songs. All in all I'm pretty sure that it will be a fun ride altogether.

At points there will be a random book review or DVD review. I would like to cover all of the bases of my media overkill. That will be a while though cause I am still studying for an LSAT that I am taking next week. And some smart playlists are huge so there might be multiple postings just on one.

So enjoy the ride. The first smart playlist is 100 Most Famous Songs of the 1990s. Yeah you read that right. What a way to kick it off.

No comments: