Thursday, December 28, 2006

Performance: Wicked

I do my best to keep my promises and I promised Luna that I would take her to see Wicked once upon a time. So to fulfill my end of the bargain, we went to see it. Simple enough.

This incarnation featured Saturday Night Live alumna Ana Gasteyer in the role of Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West and Kate Reinders as Glinda the Good Witch. I must say that Ms. Reinders does a a great kristin Chenowith impression, the wonderful performer who originated the role on Broadway. At points its honestly scary how much she mimics her mannerisms and performance style. I never got tired of it though. Gasteyer was especially strong in the comedic elements of the show. Her wit and acidic sarcasm were on display this eve and she used them to her advantage.

Enjoyable show. Not much more to say I guess.

No comments: