Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Editorial: Phontiggalo the Rap Gigolo

"I'll scoop you up in my Porsche, sike
You know I got a Nissan
That I'm still paying for, still got a lease on
But it don't matter 'cause that ain't my aim to get you
I got fame, but you know that just ain't the issue
Because you're looking like a woman of virtue
So well-rounded, no wonder you're in my circle
And normally you probably wouldn't give me the time of day
'Cause Tay got rhymes, but no he ain't got time to waste

Sometimes I think I'm from another world (preach)
When I'm trynna tell a woman just exactly where I stand that (aight)
I want a girl, when I want a girl
And when I don't want a girl, I want a girl who understands that
And that's some hard shit to explain
To a woman that's in love with you, it's a pitiful thing
Until I had to figure
That I don't wanna play around, but I don't wanna settle down
And that's a man's dilemma, 'cause every man remembers
How his daddy and his uncles did it
'Cause more than likely that's the way they're gonna do it
I know it sound fucked up and most wont admit it
But yo, I gotta face it 'cause I know I'm living through it
'Cause when the party stops and niggaz get old
And the chain and the cars and the houses get sold, and that
Other side of the bed gets cold, you don't wanna be alone
So girl I'm trynna hold you.."

Phonte of Little Brother everyone. Destined to be one of the greatest.
Or maybe just one of the greatest you never heard.

Seen him live. Heard him on record. He's got the whole package
Charisma. Stage presence. And rhymes.

He did a whole verse and you don't even notice that he didn't rhyme cause his flow was that
tight. The first time you recognize is at the end of the verse when he tells you that he just
didn't rhyme. How sick is that? The kid is cocky before he even sold 7 records.

And he'll tell you he was sad that he only sold 7 records. And does it well. The kid is crazy.

Crazy

No comments: