Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Science of Sleep

One of my favorite movies is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Such an odd little film, but beautifully shot, beautifully acted, and beautifully absurd. Well the director of that film, Michel Gondry, just made another gem The Science of Sleep.

Gael Garcia Bernal stars as Stephane, a young artist who has problems distinguishing reality from dreams. It's like the two bleed into each other. That's mainly the gist. The movie ends up being one of the more absurd romantic comedies ever, if you even can put it in a genre. But it's really good.

Probably I liked it so much because it was so free and random, but you never felt like lost or anything. There are loads of laugh out loud moments and Bernal is pretty good speaking in like three languages. My decriptive features are failing me right now but it definitely is a must see and made my DVD to buy list about 35 minutes in. That's a good rate of return

No comments: